Survived the hurricane and the start to a bad trading day!!

Fri, Sep 6, 2019

Total trades: 22
Total volume: 84
Closed P&L: $175.00








Survived Hurricane Dorian last night!! In all seriousness it didn't hit us hard in my town. We were under a tornado watch off and on, had some strong wind gusts and some heavy rain but that was it. I was prepped for the worst though!!! However, if you watched the news they made it appear the world was ending!!! I think the news is moving more toward fear mongering/entertainment than actually reporting the facts. but thats enough of that.

On the news front at 0830 the Non farm payrolls came out and The U.S. economy added 130,000 jobs in August, fewer than the 160,000 economists expected, and unemployment came in at 3.7% as foretasted.
Other possible market moving news is that Powell speaks at 1230 EST time. Hopefully Im done trading by then!!!
Trading goals for the day are:
trust my fib levels
be more active charting the different swings
stay patient and dont get suckered in
try to get more trades in today
take a screen break every hour for about 10-15mins
here's my premarket chart:
Done trading for the day! man what a day of trading. I had a bad trade at the start of the day battled back to almost break even then had another bad trade. battle back to finish in the green though!!! My total P&L is lower than what is listed here due to commissions and the exchange fee but I do not have it set up here on Tradervue. Bottom line is that I added to my capital and didn't lose money!!!
What I did good:
1.Actually got in there and traded! i kept my head up in-spite of a bad start.
2. trusted my technique
3. my goal was 10 trades and i got in 22.
4. took a screen break every 50 mins or so which really helped clear my mind
Where I need to improve:
1.Got suckered into a swing that was just ending.
2. need to watch those Fib lines better. missed some good trades by concentrating on the smaller time frame.

What I learned today:
1.trust my plan
2. also from about 130 pm through 230 pm the market moved in a range of about 2-4 ticks. I took advantage of the calm times and profited from the small moves in small scalps. Some orders didn't get filled but it worked out great for me today.
here are my end of day charts:


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bam!!!!!Big Money Today (for me anyway)!!!!

Wild ride today but battled back!!!!

Another green day in the battle toward $1million!!!