First blog post on my journey to $1 Million


Tue, Aug 20, 2019


    Im not sure how Blogs are suppose to go but this is going to my attempt at one. This blog will basically be a trading journal with my analysis of the markets i intend to trade that day and then a wrap up at the end of the day with my results along with where i did good and bad. The goal of this blog is to hopefully help me to become a better trader and make a lot more money!! Im hoping this blog will keep me honest with myself with regards to trading and maybe help someone else out in their trading journey.
   In order to give some background on me, I am retired from the Army after 28.5 years, I have an MBA, and have been trading for about 3 years now. I am studying for the CMT level 1 exam and hopefully i can make it through that program. I trade mainly the index futures (ES, NQ, and RTY) but look at the entire market for other opportunities. I try to trade off of support and resistance, using candlesticks and stochastic for overbought/oversold conditions. I jack that up a lot of times though.With reagrds to the index futures I am a scalper, i just try to get a portion of the swing and I'm out. it cost me $3.72 per contract for a round turn trade so the commissions dont eat me up. I might take up a swing position with the micros and I'll swing the forex futures but thats it. My account is just not big enough for that and my main priority is to preserve my account capital in ordeer to keep slugging it out in the markets. If i got a margin call Id be done and would have to get a real job!! haha
    With full transparency here, I have zero intentions on opening a trading service with stock alerts and crap like that. I think that most, if not all of those, are scams ripping off traders. I believe the only way you can make it trading is by putting in the pre and post trading work, screen time learning the tape so to say, and by controlling yourself.
    So with all that being said this will be my official first blog post!!! i hope you enjoy my journey!!!


Total trades: 3
Total volume: 12
Closed P&L: $375.00







Ok good morning so far..Got to the Gym and hit cardio pretty hard. first time in a couple weeks. The big Macro  news is the fed minutes scheduled for tomorrow. Home depot reported earning today and beat on EPS but      missed lightly on rev. The big thing is in the conference call the CEO said the economy is clicking along and          so is HD. The issue with that is the media is screaming that we are in a recession so the fed should cut rates making the market happy, However if the economy is doing good the fed wont cut making the market unhappy.     So with that said the market is down somewhat this morning. Ok enough of that...nothing significant with r     egards to economic news to watch for..The plan is to scalp the ES. Here are my levels Im looking at this morning:

markets were somewhat flat this morning...got in three trades and hit my profit target so Im gonna call it a day and not loose my profits..i think i followed my rules pretty good this morning...didnt force a trade and was patient. Set some parameters to get out of the trade if it moved against me but they all were good today. Tradestation plotted the trades as did I today. below is my chart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bam!!!!!Big Money Today (for me anyway)!!!!

Terrible Tuesday. Worst day trading in a while!!!

Wild ride today but battled back!!!!